Mark Dominus on 5 Mar 2006 06:09:26 -0000

[PLUG] Free talk on writing better Perl programs - send me your code!

Dear PLUGgers,

I'm writing a new book, which I hope will be published in 2007.  It's
about code review and refactoring in Perl.  (For more complete
information, please see http://perl.plover.com/flagbook/ .)

To do this right, I need real examples of real code that other people
wrote.  I'll review the code and fix it up, and explain in the book
what I did and why.

I have about half the examples that I need.  I hope that the Perl and
Linux communities can provide the other half.

For rest of the year, I'll be travelling around speaking to Perl
user groups about this.  This month I'm speaking to the Philadelphia
Perl mongers.   I'm still deciding what code to use for the talk.
I need your submissions.

If I choose your code, you'll get a free copy of my first book,
"Higher-Order Perl", right away, and a free copy of the new book when
it comes out.

You can also come to the talk without submitting anything, if you
like.  (You can also submit code without coming to the talk.)  The
talk is scheduled for Tuesday, 21 March, 2006 at 7 PM, at Thomson
Scientific, 3501 Market Street.

Full details about what I need are at:

        http://perl.plover.com/flagbook/contribute.html

If you are willing to let me use your code in my talk, I need it by 7
PM on Tuesday, 7 March; that's three days from now.  To contribute,
send code to:

        mjd@plover.com

Questions?   Send them to:

        mjd@plover.com