high_desert on 12 Mar 2006 04:45:34 -0000

RE: [PLUG] OT: (outta sight!) making IT in Philly?

<snip>
--> It might seem difficult to get into it since the jobs are separated by
--> a barrier called "ignorant staffing firms". Here's the secret... LIE.
<snip>
--> and say your an expert. Get the interview, bullshit a little, bam, you
--> got yourself a job. If you cant bring yourself up to speed on
<snip>
--> > I just wanted to add that I work for a defense contractor\aerospace
<snip>
--> > Keep looking and ask for help and ideas.  I'll submit your
--> resumes for
--> > you at my place of business if you are interested.  It is not
--> the best
--> > place in the world to work, but it is very interesting.  99% of the
--> > interesting stuff you can't talk about so it is sort of a
--> double edged
--> > sword.
<snip>

You can tell he's been working for The Man for a while from the verbage. I
do too and hear "double edged sword" at least three times a week.

"On the same page" or "on the same sheet of music" is way over used. I
dropped "tightly coupled" on my CW3 the other day.

"BLUF:" Learn what they want to hear and are comfortable with, then just get
the interview, and "KISS"; just "SWAG" it, and don't "stir the pot" and
you're golden.

- Z