Art Alexion on 23 Mar 2006 19:29:00 -0000

[PLUG] .ogg to .mp3 or .aac

I have some music that I have saved in .ogg format that I would like to use on
an iPod.  It only plays .mp3 and .aac compressed formats.  I would like to
convert to one of these formats with as little loss as possible.  I know I
can use oggenc to decode to .wav and then lame to encode as .mp3, but I
expect that that would degrade the sound significantly.

I have access to a samba linked machine running iTunes (I usually use amaroK),
and I understand that iTunes will encode to aac on the fly without affecting
the original file, but iTunes doesn't seem to accept ogg files either.

Any suggestions?
--

Art Alexion

The attachment -- signature.asc -- is my electronic signature; no need for
alarm.
Info @

Key for signed PDFs available at
http://mysite.verizon.net/art.alexion/encryption/ArthurSAlexion.p7c