Eric on 27 Mar 2006 20:01:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] domain registrars

Quoting Bill Patterson <patterson@computer.org>:

> Does anyone have recent experience with a domain registrar that you
> would like to share?  I have a couple of domains coming up for renewal
> and I'd like to see what others think of the domain name services that
> are out there.  Thanks.
>
> Bill

Bill,

Like others, I've been using GoDaddy - I'm very happy with them.
The price is right and I've had real positive experiences with their
customer service.  Over the years, I'd registered domains with
them and ended up with 3 separate accounts.  One telephone call and
less than a dozen minutes and all the accounts were consolidated into
one.  I was impressed.  Also, minimal "crap" email from them, timely
(90, 60, and 30 day) notices for domain expirations, automated
renewal (if you desire) - and on and on.

The only negative - and it's small - is that the registration process
takes you through several screens of add-on items - most of which
I don't want or need.  Still, once you've gone through that you're
done with it.

All in all: Highly recommended.

Eric