Jeff Abrahamson on 27 Apr 2006 22:26:39 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FIOS

Same reason you need more than 56 kbps.  (You could do almost
everything with w3m and be happy and snappy on a good modem.)  Or why
suburbanites in detached houses with garages need electric garage door
openers Once you have it for a while, you understand, but you still
can't quite explain.

;-)

-Jeff

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 05:55:12PM -0400, gyoza@comcast.net wrote:
>   [25 lines, 130 words, 1105 characters]  Top characters: _nitlosh
>
> Why do you need more than 1.5 Mbps?
>

> Paul L. Snyder wrote:
> > So, the FIOS guy came a-knockin' today, said I could get 15Mbps downstream for
> > $40/mo, free setup, and one month free.  I'm pretty happy with my DCANet DSL,
> > but I'm paying roughly the same amount for 1.5 Mbps.
> >
> > Anybody have FIOS and an opinion about it?  If I convert, the house will be
> > switched over to fiber; it's a one-way street, with no going back to DSL.
> >
> > Plus, I hate dealing with Verizon.
> >
> > pls

 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://jeff.purple.com/>          +1 215/837-2287