Stephen Gran on 1 May 2006 00:52:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] how to get sudo to preserve LD_PRELOAD

On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 08:46:15PM -0400, Dan Crosta said:
> [apologies to anyone getting this twice...]
>
> I'm having some trouble keeping LD_PRELOAD in the environment that
> programs run via sudo. here's what I have in my sudoers file:
>
> Defaults        env_keep += LD_PRELOAD
> Defaults        env_delete -= LD_*, env_delete -= LD_PRELOAD, !noexec

Don't these two lines cancel each other, leaving you at the default of
not keeping it?

I'm not sure, but that's my first naive reading of it.
|  Stephen Gran                  | In Denver it is unlawful to lend your   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | vacuum cleaner to your next-door        |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | neighbor.                               |