TuskenTower on 1 May 2006 15:13:28 -0000

Re: Central Office Emergency Power [WAS Re: [PLUG] Re: FIOS]

On 5/1/06, Michael C. Toren <mct@toren.net> wrote:
On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 10:38:00AM -0400, TuskenTower wrote:
> From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSAP
> PSAP is an acronym/initialism for Public Safety Answering Point, an
> agency in the United States, typically county controlled, responsible
> for answering 9-1-1 calls for emergency assistance from police, fire,
> and ambulance services.
>
> Anyone have any more knowledge/information to share?

In the Philadelphia area, I've typically heard these locations described
as EOCs (Emergency Operations Centers).  The website for the Montgomery
County EOC can be found at <http://www.montcopa.org/eoc/>.

-mct

hmmm... I believe that I wandering into using the wrong acronym. :) I should have just stuck to searching for central office. Thanks for the info.

Amul