Michael Lazin on 3 May 2006 16:02:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] custom distro? was ibuild

I am not looking to do a network install.  I am looking to make a CD that can allow someone to get an identical debian install with the same kernel patches on each machine.   These machines will be used for audio applications.  I tried out agnula linux, but we are looking for something more stripped down.  Something as minimal as possible with the correct kernel patch, a 2.6 kernel, ALSA, and Jack.  Is it possible to roll a custom distro of sorts, based on debian, with everything we need and nothing that we do not?  The machines that these cds will be made for will be identical and the idea is that someone can get it up and running with minimal effort.

Thanks,

Michael