Eric Hidle on 5 May 2006 15:26:12 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Spam marked read?

SPAM may appear as being Read in kmail if you have t'bird running. When t-bird does it's spam calculations, it "reads" the message from your inbox, so other mail clients may not interpret the message as being unread anymore.

Art Alexion wrote:
I don't know if this is a symptom of a security problem.

I use both kmail and thunderbird for mail.  This happens with both.

Some spam mail is marked "read" as soon as it comes in, even though I never touched it. Any ideas? Security issue?