sean finney on 11 May 2006 19:20:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Kubuntu 5.10 (breezy) kmymoney 0.8.3 package

hi art,

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 03:03:53PM -0400, Art Alexion wrote:
> I don't have access to a repository, and until I do, you won't be able to
> install with apt/aptitude/synaptic/adept.  If there are unsatisfied
> dependencies, dpkg will not automatically offer to install them, so you have
> to do it yourself.

you know it's pretty easy to create your own repository.  drop the
deb(s) into a web/ftp accessible directory, then run

dpkg-scanpackages . /dev/null > Packages

(iirc, ymmv)

and then place an entry into sources list like

deb http://sitename/location ./

(again, iirc, ymmv)

> Before posting the deb, I would like a couple of kubuntu users to try it and
> see if it is portable.  If a couple of people are successful, I will post it
> to my download site (which is not configured as a repository).

how is this different from the kmymoney2 i already see in ubuntu?  just
built against kde 3.5 instead of 3.4?

	sean