jazzman on 15 May 2006 15:59:28 -0000

Re: [PLUG] "Mini" DNS options?

So I decided that, based on what I"ve heard and what I've found online,
setting up BIND for a small network shouldn't be a problem since there's
really only one zone and for all other DNS info i'll use an outside DNS.
(The DNS server i want to set up is ONLY for use by my internal network
and the outside world can't see it.)

So now i can query the local DNS with things like hostname.exdomain.org
and i get the right response back, but if I just query for hostname it
doesn't assume exdomain.org is the extension. Does anyone know how to make
it assume a default domain extension?

IE: If I type in webcam then I'd like bind to return the address for
webcam.exdomain.org

Thanks again!