Paul L. Snyder on 19 May 2006 18:23:04 -0000

[PLUG] Software Freedom Day and Installfest

A lot of people seem to be interested in have an Installfest out in the
'burbs.  The Chester County Library and either Bryn Mawr or Swarthmore
colleges were proposed as possible locations at the last PLUG West
meeting.

Internation Software Freedom Day is Saturday, September 16, and this was
proposed as a good day to hold it.  Sounds like a great idea to me!  Check
out the web site at http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org

Who participated in the last PLUG Installfest?  How did it go?

Who wants to volunteer to help out with organization and on the day of the
event?  This should be a lot of fun!  If we register with the SFD folks it
looks like we'll get swag (CDs, flyers) to hand out.

In addition to the Installfest, there are a number of other things that we
could do in conjunction.  (E.g., talks on Linux or FOSS and having demo
machines available.

It looks like Bryn Mawr may be planning some events around this; we could
maybe partner with them:

  http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/teams/america/USA/Philadelphia

Paul