Tom Diehl on 24 May 2006 22:40:12 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Speakeasy/COVAD outages yesterday

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Ben Dugan wrote:

> I'd like to share notes with any Speakeasy and/or COVAD users who had
> outages yesterday (Tuesday the 23rd). I've been a happy Speakeasy
> customer but we've had two 6-8 hour outages in about 1 week, and I'm
> starting to worry that the service is degrading.
>
> Please respond off-list; I doubt if everyone here is interested.

Responding on list because many people here also have Speakeasy.

FWIW, I have been on Speakeasy/Covad for over 4 years now. I have proactive
monitoring turned on and the last outage it recorded was on 05/03/2006. That
was a scheduled outage that they notified me about a week in advance. They
said it could be up to 4 hrs. In reality it was less than an hour.

Neither their monitoring or mine detected any outages since the 3rd.

Maybe it is something local to your area.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl@rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123@rogueind.com