Eric on 29 May 2006 16:20:11 -0000

[PLUG] executing javascript?

Does anyone know of a way to execute javascript outside of a browser?

I have a bit of suspect javascript that I'd like to execute and see
what it is actually telling the browser.  The "view source" option
shows me this:

<script>
<!--
document.write(unescape("%3Cstyle%20type%3D%22text/css%22.......
//-->
</script>

(The third line is actually 4328 characters long)

If I could get javascript to just run and redirect it's output to a
file then I could see what it's hiding in all the %nn's

Update:

I used Firefox's DOM inspector - apparently the bulk of the "action"
takes place in a flash program that gets downloaded.  Now I'll have
my daughter log into MySpace.com so I can grab that flash (as well
as the other javascript files that are sourced.)  She was warned
about the page - it was called a "redick"  (redirect?) but that
was AFTER she clicked on it.

Still would like to know how to execute javascript sans browser if
anybody knows.

Thanks

Eric
#  Eric A Lucas
# Celebrate Memorial day.
# Remember those who fought to keep us free...
#  ... and don't forget the politicians that misuse them for other ends.
#  "WAR is a racket. It always has been."  -- USMC General Smedley Butler
#