Chris Beggy on 30 May 2006 02:08:26 -0000

[PLUG] OT: TLA worn rental DVDs

This is OT.

Lately about 50% of the DVDs I rent from TLA have sections which
my DVD player cannot read and play.  I presume the DVDs are
scratched or worn and that is the problem.  When I play them in a
computer's DVD drive, they also have problems, but not always the
same problems.

Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

TLA has given me coupons for some of the failing DVDs, but at a
50% fail rate, renting DVDs is becoming a waste of time.

Is there any kind of QC that TLA or I as a customer could use?
Would switching to a different rental place fix it?  Is my $120
mail order Toshiba DVD player a lemon?

Thanks.

Chris