John Von Essen on 2 Jun 2006 14:28:05 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Backup MX Question

This is outbound mail that is in your queue, right?

Inbound mail shouldn't effect your queue.

If your users are sending outbound spam, yes, that can clog your queue.
But you can't easily do anything about it.

Do you do spam filtering? If so, set it up to be silent. No return email
to sender with status, just silently discard it. Email returns to spammers
can be clogging up your queue. Not familiar with double bounce feature in
sendmail, sounds like it is for this issue - but I would just disable
bounce backs all together for spam. Its a waste of your resources.

-John