Mike Cahill on 13 Jun 2006 13:51:16 -0000

RE: [PLUG] google earth for linux

Here's a little snippet from the Google Earth Linux version discussion
board:
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthreaded.php/Cat/0/Number/446390/page/1/vc/1

<snip>
First see http://picasa.google.com/linux/faq.html#24

"Will more Google applications be ported to Linux under Wine? If Picasa for
Linux is successful, then other Google applications (and future versions of
Picasa) may also be ported using Wine. (Google Earth won't be one of them,
though; it will be a native Linux application.)"

After having installed it, I see no evidence of any Wine files nor of any
native Windows binary files (e.g. EXE, DLL, etc.) The program directory is
~43 MB with ~37 MB of that being held in SO files (which as I recall are
native to Linux).

So as far as I can tell, Google Earth for Linux is native :-)
</snip>

Mike Cahill