Stephen Gran on 15 Jun 2006 14:42:43 -0000

Re: [PLUG] exim4 conf (Debian)

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:26:08AM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:20:43PM +0100, Stephen Gran wrote:
> > Have you HUP'ed the running daemon?
>
> I did not.  Thanks.  Now I have.  But that only affects new messages
> (important, to be sure ;-).  I'm using -qff to run the already queued
> messages:
>
>     astra:/home/jeff# exim4 -qff -v
>     LOG: MAIN
>       == /dev/null <devnull@pond.purple.com> R=system_aliases defer (-30): file_transport unset in system_aliases router

That's odd.

> Testing says the same:
>
>     astra:/home/jeff# exim4 -bv -v devnull
>     *** Error in setting up pipe, file, or autoreply:
>     file_transport unset in system_aliases router

Can you send the output of 'exim4 -d+route -bt devnull' ?  (sanitize it
if it has any output you don't want public, or send it off list, or
whatever).

> > Unless... do you have an entry for exim in inetd.conf still?  It may
> > bail and do nothing if that's the case.  It certainly used to.  --
>
> Nope, it's running as a daemon again.  When you and mct both recommend
> something, I'd have to hang up my credentials and quit if I ignored
> it. ;-)

Thanks!
|  Stephen Gran                  | A beginning is the time for taking the  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | most delicate care that balances are    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | correct.   -- Princess Irulan, "Manual  |
|                                | of Maud'Dib"                            |