Andrew Libby on 15 Jun 2006 18:10:46 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Discussion/ Meeting topics

I'm open to either approach.  I implied a bit of fright at giving a full
length
talk (at the last meeting).  I'm happy to have help, though if I don't
get any
I'm sure that doing a full length talk will be doable (and probably good
for me
to boot).

I was thinking on a talk describing MVC in general, and then covering an
MVC
example in either PHP, Perl, or Ruby depending on which language is most
familiar
to folks that will be attending.

Which language do folks feel is the most appropriate?

Andy

CJ Fearnley wrote:

>Andy,
>
>Were you thinking of giving a full length (50 minute) presentation or
>a 20 minute presentation which would require splitting the hour among
>three speakers?
>
>Would anyone want to help Andy out in formulating a MVC meeting that touched
>on multiple themes?
>
>On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 11:26:07AM -0400, Andrew Libby wrote:
>

>>At the last PLUG meeting we discussed having a meeting a little more
>>focused on development topics.  One of the topic ideas that came up is
>>MVC (model view controller) architecture.  Ruby on Rails and Catalyst
>>(a Perl MVC framework, which is pretty cool IMO) were mentioned.
>>
>>Do group members have any feelings on the worth of pursuing this topic?
>>I'd be interested/ willing to take a crack at a presentation if there's
>>interest.
>>
>>Andy

begin:vcard
fn:Andrew Libby