Lee Marzke on 20 Jun 2006 15:13:23 -0000

[PLUG] Camera software

At last nights PLUG west meeting Paul asked about software that might
work with his Cannon digital camera.

If the camera is USB,  ( perhaps serial as well ),   I've had good luck
with the following:

-  LPhoto ( on Linspire )  - I think this is a re-branded Gphoto ?

-  DigiKam - on SuSE

I prefer DigiKam at the moment.

These download the camera images,  and can erase the camera after download.
They have a viewer, and limited picture editing / red-eye removal, etc.

You can also put the memory card in a memory card reader on Linux and read
the raw images, but they tend to be stored in multiple folders and this is not
as easy to use as downloading.

Lee
begin:vcard
fn:Lee Marzke