Dan Crosta on 20 Jun 2006 16:21:20 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Camera software

Lee Marzke wrote:
-  LPhoto ( on Linspire )  - I think this is a re-branded Gphoto ?

- DigiKam - on SuSE

I'd also add gphoto2 to that list... it's barebones, just enough to get the pictures off of PTP (I think?) cameras, rather than a full-blown image library manager. Haven't used it in a while, but at the time (a few years ago) it was the only way to get images off my Canon.

I'd also recommend a cheap (~ $10) memory card reader + usb-storage. I have several cameras which all use compact flash, so it made sense for me, and with ubuntu it just shows up on your desktop when you pop a card in.

dsc