Andrew Libby on 21 Jun 2006 13:50:22 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Finance Programs

Hi Jeff,

I'll second Eric's comments.  I've been using GNUCash on and off for the
past few years, and have been using
it for business needs for about the last year.  The interface does have
some quirks that you just sort of learn
to work around.

I find the reports marginally useful, but I find myself wishing for
more.  Gnucash is based on guile (scheme).  The
reports are written in guile so you should be able to develop reports to
meet your needs.  I've found the documentation
to be somewhat lacking in this department so I've not been successful in
developing anything.

Overall it's pretty decent.

Andy