Dan Widyono on 21 Jun 2006 13:53:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Linux Finance Programs

Been using GnuCash for years.  Love it.  Reports?  Hate them.  But, it's open
source.  Love it.  Which means you have to write your own reports if you want
nice ones... in scheme.  Hate it.  V2.0 is coming out RSN.  Love it.  But
most of the new functionality is aimed toward developers, not users.  Meh.
But the idea is that it'll be much easier to maintain, so new developers can
join in easily and make it a better user experience!  Love it.

So, two thumbs up.  Waaaay up.  It's helped me make strong cases for shared
financial decisions (personal; I haven't used the business features at all).

V1.8.x has worked on every series of RH and RHEL I've tried so far, sometimes
with tweaking.  V2.0 will import V1.8.x data files, so you can start with a
stable version and upgrade later this year.

Dan W.