Jonathan Bringhurst on 3 Jul 2006 13:31:19 -0000

[PLUG] PhillyMesh web site

Hey everyone, I just figured I'd post here that I started a web site
for a mesh network in Philadelphia at http://www.phillymesh.org/ a few
days ago. I know that in the past there was a phillymesh project
(circa 2003) talked about on this list but I can't seem to find any
info on it and I'm assuming it just died off so I'm seeing how much I
can resurrect it :)

Currently I live in university city and am in the process of setting
up 3 netsukuku (http://netsukuku.freaknet.org/?pag=about) nodes (or
possibly something else if it's better) in the area. There is also
another node possibly going up soon over by the Bala golf course using
two grid antennas (known to get ranges topping out at ~34 miles on a
very good day). Anyway, I just started the forums over at the site and
invite anyone to sign up and post whatever. Hopefully we can get this
thing off the ground a bit and offer some sort of an alternative to
the cable/DSL monopolies.

-Jon <fintler@gmail.com>