Art Alexion on 4 Jul 2006 14:51:13 -0000

Re: [PLUG] KDE apps make slow internet connections

Verizon Yahoo tagged it as spam.  Amazingly, they often give false positives
to copy-to-self mail sent from my own verizon account.  When I called about
this, they blamed it on Thunderbird (which the tech guy had never heard of,
so concluded that must be it).  Assuming he had a clue, the same happens with
mail sent from kmail.

Odd, but I have two Verizon Yahoo accounts, art.alexion@verizon.net and
arthur@alexion.com (a 12 year old address that gets a ton of spam), the
latter of which I forward through artalexion@yahoo.com (which is an old Yahoo
address that I never used, but which Yahoo connected to my Verizon Yahoo
account, so I get the same 'extended features') just for the server based
spam filtering.  About 80% of the mail going to
arthur@alexion.com/artalexion@yahoo.com is in fact spam.  The Verizon Yahoo
filter catches about 75% of that and spamassassin catches 95% of the rest.
The amazing thing is that, for this account, I haven't gotten a false
positive from Verizon Yahoo nor spamassassin for many months.

On Friday 30 June 2006 10:38, Stewart B Lone wrote:
> Stewart B Lone wrote:

> Art, I sent this to the list some time ago, but it doesnt seem to be
> showing up. Maybe direct to you will work.
> Stewart

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.