George Gallen on 11 Jul 2006 13:42:19 -0000

RE: [PLUG] perplexing file transfer problem

If you are able to. Try replacing the NIC. This was one of the
problems we were having, only small ftp transfers would work,
and successive ftp transfer would get hung up (not dropped).

Also, had problems with telnet connections being randomly
dropped, or hung (even while typing).

Webserver had difficulty passing image files.

Luckily on our server we had 5 NICs with 2 spare at the time,
so switching was just a matter of moving the cable, and ifdown/ifup.

If nothing software seems to add up. Try the hardware route.

Our NICS were PCI-X cards running 10/100/1000 and were fairly new
at the time we purchased them (to the market that is) I kept thinking
it was a driver issue.

George