Matt Ayres on 21 Jul 2006 16:27:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Verizon FIOS..Any thoughts?

Daniel.G.Roberts@sanofi-aventis.com wrote:
Hi All
I am thinking of switching from Optonline to Verizon FiOS..
Anyone have any direct experiences with this Verizon FiOS service especially when using Linux?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..
thanks!
Dan

We have business FIOS and have not experienced any issues so far. Very fast and the Verizon GNI network is connected to MCI (AlterNet) and Global Crossing which are both premium backbones. From what I understand from someone who works with Verizon since it is fiber it is run in rings meaning even if a tree knocks out the line service is not interrupted. It is also glass so animals will not chew it.

Thanks,
Matt