Doug Crompton on 24 Jul 2006 15:49:56 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: Verizon FIOS..Any thoughts?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Tom Diehl wrote:

> FWIW, I have looked at the outside of the FIOS boxes and I cannot see any
> external power being supplied to them, only fiber in and out.

I believe the power and batteries are in an inside the premises box. At
least the one I saw was.

I suspect the large distro boxes are more then passive. I keep meaing to
stop when I see a crew working on one and see whats inside.

Another issue is maintenance of the batteries. Is this a user or Verizon
responsibility?

Doug