George Gallen on 28 Jul 2006 14:16:01 -0000

RE: [PLUG] Large data transfer

Also, if you really wanted to get "fast" you could always remove
the hard drive from the windows machine, and install it into the
linux machine. Boot, and just use cp for a drive to drive copy.

But first you will need to setup a linux partition on the windows
machine's drive before doing either.

Or just get a USB drive conversion kit, and put the windows drive
in that and copy from the linux computer ($30 investment).

Whichever method you use, direct drive, ethernet or USB drive, look
into using rdiff-backup, it requires python. If you have the extra
space, it can be set to do incremental backups as well, or just a
full backup.

George