Kevin Brosius on 28 Jul 2006 14:43:33 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Large data transfer

Isaac wrote:
> footnotes:
> 1- There exist several methods of mounting ext2/3 drives under
> Windows. Unfortunately I've lost track of the one I've used before,
> but Google has several helpful hits. If the drive is NTFS formatted,
> you're probably out of luck for mounting it directly under linux, it
> looks like NTFS support under linux is still read-only.

At least SUSE now ships a NTFS r/w capable driver, I'm sure others do as
well.  I haven't used it in write mode myself, so can't claim how robust
it is.  It's been around for a year or two though, so I know it's
getting better.

--
Kevin Brosius