George Langford on 28 Jul 2006 15:49:42 -0000

[PLUG] Maintaining image aspect ratio with The Gimp

What's the secret for resizing an image with The Gimp without
losing its aspect ratio ?  There seem to be any number of
places in the menus for scaling, resizing, etc. but whichever
one keeps the aspect ratio constant when I resize an image
is hiding from me.

What I'm trying to do is make the image file small enough not
to overwhelm the user's browser when opening an HTML page.
When I attempt to use HTML tags to do this, it usually creates
a mess.  Therefore, I want to prepare a set of websize images
before I start to create the HTML page with Composer.