Matt Ayres on 28 Jul 2006 16:23:19 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Carrier neutral colo at 401 N. Broad?

Thanks.. I've contacted him.

John Von Essen wrote:
ATX has alot of floor space at 401 for cage colo or cabinet colo or even individual machine colo.

The ATX backbone uses a variety of peers, Level3, WilTel, Qwest, etc.,. So there backbone is very diverse, BGP routed of course, very good quality. However, the people at ATX can pretty much give you anything you wont at your colo spot via cross connects thru the building. So technically, you can have your colo in ATX and just pay for space and power and the cross connect fee, and then have have your connectivity be a US LEC T1 or something.

Its very common for someone to get a 8' x 8' cage at ATX, and then get their own dedicated DS3 from Level3 and manage it entirely themselves. The cross connect fees are very reasonable.

If your interested, my brother works at ATX, and handles mainly colo sales, he can provide all the info you need, 610-755-4465 harris.vonessen@atx.com.

-john