Andrew Libby on 1 Aug 2006 13:03:51 -0000

Re: [PLUG] restoring from a backup tape....

Hi George,

You're best bet is to track down 7.2 cds.  But I think the big problem
that you encountered is that your boot loader is looking for a newer kernel.
This newer kernel was overwritten, or has had it's world changed enough so
that it can't boot.  I'd try booting from a cd to a shell, mounting the
system up and installing the boot loader on to the MBR with the
correct configuration.  The directions to do this will differ depending
on the boot loader.  The two most common loaders are grub and lilo.
You should be able to tell based on the boot loader prompt.

I'll look around/ ask around to see if I can track down 7.2 isos.  If I'm
able I'll try to make them available for you.

Good luck.

Andy