George Gallen on 1 Aug 2006 21:01:18 -0000

RE: [PLUG] restoring from a backup tape....

The difference here is getting up and running (or limping) the fastest
method possible.

It's not so much the latest install, or having a good backup,

How do you "restore" a latest version, and still keep all your old
user accounts, network settings, system settings (/etc)?

I tried doing an upgrade, but they keep hanging, which makes me thing I have
some big time corruption in the boot area (don't really think it was
hacked), it was a year and half the last time we rebooted.

Once we are back up, then we can plan and setup a latest greatest when
we have time to not be out of business. In our case, time IS money.

Right now, all I need is a hack job to get running for a couple
weeks.

George