Mike Leone on 3 Aug 2006 23:19:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Kubuntu and a Belkin 54g wireless card with an Atheros chipset

On Thursday 03 August 2006 18:02, sean finney wrote:

> my guess is something's wrong with the encryption
> negotiation/configuration?  i'd try the following:
>
> - temporarily opening your network and disabling encryption, and
>   verify that the card/driver actually works and gets an ip

It does; I'm using it now. :-) Rather have the encryption back ...

> - re-enabling the encryption, removing the /etc/network/interfaces
>   stuff, and getting the device up manually.

Not sure how ... can't seem to see where to specify the encryption. iwconfig
says "Passphrase is currently not supported.". And my encryption is WPAPSK,
with a passphrase ...

> - putting the manual stuff back in to /e/n/interfaces.
>
> it could be that one of the iwpriv extensions you're trying to
> use don't work or similar (/var/log/{syslog,messages} will probably
> have something in it if that's the case)

Don't see anything ....