Eric on 5 Aug 2006 17:58:09 -0000

Re: [PLUG] OT: notebook drives

My experience (and what has been recommended to me) has been Hitachi
for laptop drives.  None of the ones I've installed have ever gone
bad (3 so far) but keep in mind it's only been 2 years for the oldest.

Faster (7200 or even 5400 rpm) consume more power and, therefore,
run hotter.  Heat is a hard drive killer.  I've settled for 5400
rpm drives as the best compromise of power/heat and performance.

Eric