Tom Diehl on 8 Aug 2006 17:37:10 -0000

[PLUG] Re: Recommendations for T1 cards for Linux router

Pat Regan <thehead@patshead.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am currently shopping around for a pair of single port T1 cards to put
at opposite ends of a point to point T1.  Googling has not quite failed
me, but this time it hasn't provided me with as much information as I
would like.

So far the best option I have found are Sangoma cards, specifically the
> A101.  Does anyone know if these are worth using?  Or if there is a
better alternative I haven't found yet?

I am hoping for single port cards that doesn't require an external CSU/DSU.

I have used Sangoma cards in the past for exactly this application and found them to perform well. The cards we used were ISA cards, so I do not have any experience with the A101.

A really nice thing about Sangoma was that you could speak directly to the
developer if you needed support and the guy who answered the phone did not
know the answer. He knew all of the little things the driver could do and how
to get them to do it. He was also very good at pointing out my mistakes. :-)

They were good people to work with.

Keep in mind I left that $job about 3 years ago so things might have changed.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom