Michael Lazin on 8 Aug 2006 19:45:14 -0000

Re: [PLUG] FON? Anyone heard of it or used it?

There is a FON router near my apartment at 48th street.  I can sometimes get a signal from it, and have used it as an alien once, although I am unsure of where exactly it is located.  I have thought about becoming a "Linus" because free wifi around the city is good, not to mention free wifi in other places (other countries?).  Sounds pretty cool to me.

I can't imagine that you would make much money as a "Bill" unless you lived in a very central location, like over a busy coffee shop.

It seems like a cool idea.  I wonder about security.

Michael