Ottey, Daniel William on 9 Aug 2006 13:28:19 -0000

[PLUG] Line drawing characters limitation in screen?`

I often use "screen" in Linux to help keep my ssh sessions continuous
(even when my putty window closes, for example).  But one of the
annoyances I've found is that screen tends to mess up line drawing
characters.  For example:

Without "screen"
http://pics.livejournal.com/dottey/pic/000ghfch

With screen:
http://pics.livejournal.com/dottey/pic/000ggaps

Does anyone know what I might be able to set within screen to make the
characters display properly?  Or is this just some weird limitation of
the screen program?

Thanks!

Daniel W. Ottey
Unisys Corporation