Daniel.G.Roberts on 15 Aug 2006 15:45:33 -0000

[PLUG] Automounter Help

Hi All
Anyone have any simple directions for setting up automounter for RedHat 4 update 3?

Might you know as well if I can graft mounts onto mounts such as..

/databases is the sole mount point

/database/fcdrive/dandata  is one mount point that has my data onto fc drives.....NAS or SAN Device

/database/satadrive/phildate is yet another mount point that has some other data that I like to use but on sata drives.. More than likely exclusively NAS device

Or maybe I can somehow mask/abstract the tier storage away from the user and mount as such

/database/dandata
/database/phildata

I think the above is possible in linux although not 100% sure..
Also anyone incorporate the type of tiered storage architecture in their mounting/naming convention? Might you be able to suggest some meaningful names?

Thks
dan