Elizabeth Krumbach on 24 Sep 2006 19:25:38 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Confessions of a Virgin

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 10:35:46AM -0700, Nate Prentice wrote:
>    but I'm aggravated by the fact that there are many plugins, e.g. Real,
>    WMP, etc. that are missing.  Any suggestions?

There is a RealPlayer for Linux, just go to real.com (it should detect that
you're using Linux) and download the bin file. A firefox plugin is included,
works great.

Other than that, I can't recommend much. I've trid plugger[1] in the past, but
it doesn't work very well and I always end up uninstalling it.

So I pretty much just hope that streaming media within a browser is realplayer
or flash (which is becoming quite popular - google video, youtube) or see if I
can dig the source of the video out of the HTML source and play it with
mplayer.

Good luck.

Lyz

--