Art Alexion on 26 Sep 2006 14:01:23 -0000

Re: [PLUG] linux pda recommendation

The next version of the Palm OS is going to be an operating environment (like
KDE & Gnome) on top of a Linux 2.6 kernel.  I think we are talking OS 7, but
these things tend to change.

On Monday 25 September 2006 15:26, Chad Vogelsong wrote:
> Look at the Sharp Zaurus 5000 or 5500.  The devices aren't sold by Sharp in
> the US anymore, but you can buy them online & from eBay for less than $200.
>  Linux based with a lot of software and developer community behind them.
>
> Chad
>
> Christopher M. Jones wrote:
> > I'm looking at buying a pda. My sole interest is some sort of software
> > for driving directions. I don't need gps, just punch in two addresses
> > and get rights and lefts for getting there. Naturally, I'd prefer a
> > linux-based pda, but I know very little about what's out there.
> > Preliminary googling has turned up some things, but I thought I'd ask
> > the list for your experiences and recommendations. Which pda (I don't
> > mind older technology)? What software?

Art Alexion
Arthur S. Alexion LLC

alarm.