Nate Prentice on 26 Sep 2006 17:02:46 -0000

[PLUG] re: Confessions of a Virgin

I think you just described how we all learn about computing.  I haven't shot my box yet, so I'm doing pretty well so far.

Nate

I Kings 1:40:  And all the people came up after him,and the people piped with pipes and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them.

----- Original Message ----
From: plug-request@lists.phillylinux.org
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 12:49:25 PM
Subject: plug Digest, Vol 22, Issue 31
[snip]
My two biggest suggestions, though, are participate in groups such as this
one.  Most of the success I have had with Linux since 2000 can be attributed
to help that I have gotten here, not just by asking questions, but also by
reading about issues that others are having and suggestions that they are
getting.

The other suggestions are to have patience with any problems that you are
having.  Most worthwhile things I know about computers, I learned from fixing
a problem.