sean finney on 24 Oct 2006 22:30:21 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Re: apt-get problems

On Tue, 2006-10-24 at 17:09 -0400, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> I don't think it's terribly informative, especially because you don't
> get to see the long pauses and delays.  Some of the fetches that
> signal success appear to hang for a couple minutes.  But, here it is,
> below.  Running apt-get install produces errors, also, but if update
> doesn't work, that seems the place to look.

it seems that the this server isn't doing too well.  you might want to
try one of the round-robin dns mirrors.  i hear occasional grumblings on
#debian-devel about the state of the mirrors in the us, but haven't had
recent experiences either way lately due to being in .se.  maybe borrow
some bandwidth from our canadian friends for the time being? :)

	sean