sean finney on 29 Oct 2006 22:01:03 -0000

Re: [PLUG] vmplayer and browser

hi chris,

On Sat, 2006-10-28 at 14:15 -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
> I have been running VMWare for several years with with good success.
> We ran some servers in VMs that were running ~100% processor
> utilization all day long and they were quite stable.  Before going to
> Xen, I would like to see a better management interface.  For a lower
> level admin, Xen can be a bit problematic.  VMWare has been really
> easy to deal with

fwiw, i just saw the following ITP[1] go through in debian which seemed
somewhat relevant:

<jd_jedi@users.sourceforge.net>, Yves Perrenoud <yves@xpand.org>
> * URL             : http://xenman.sourceforge.net/
> * License         : GPL, LGPL
>   Programming Lang: Python
>   Description     : A graphical Xen management tool
>
> XenMan is a Xen management tool with a GTK based graphical interface
> that allows for performing the standard set of domain operations
> (start, stop, pause, kill, shutdown, reboot, snapshot, etc...). It
> also attempts to simplify certain aspects such as the creation of
> domains, as well as making the consoles available directly within the
> tool's user interface.

but i haven't tried this myself.  i also generally agree with your
points.

	sean

[1] ITP == "Intent to Package", a bug filed in the debian BTS.  it's the
first step towards bringing software into debian's main repository.