Jonathan Bringhurst on 6 Nov 2006 15:44:41 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu questions

Just so you know, manually installing java on any debian based os
(ubuntu included) will probably cause you problems later on. You
really want to use dpkg so you have more control and less conflicts
with other stuff. The wiki explains how to do this.

-Jon