Chad Waters on 6 Nov 2006 16:40:42 -0000

Re: [PLUG] Ubuntu questions

On 11/6/06, aegis wrote:

Do you guys have any issues with running Edgy?  I'm running Dapper on a
Celeron 300a (overclocked to 450) and it's working great as a file server
and Torrent Flux host.  I was running Xubuntu with Xcfe a few months ago,
but it was missing a lot of network functionality that I required.

I've been running Edgy on this machine for over month now (once they got gnome 2.16 up). No problems.

What's the network issue that you are referring to?

Related: I just wiped my last personal use Debian sid install over the
weekend in favor of Edgy. Its been a good 5 years, but I just feel
that Ubuntu carries all the good I've come to expect from Debian,
without the bad. I think I'd still give Debian stable a very good look
as a server install.

-C