Marc Zucchelli on 17 Nov 2006 00:45:06 -0000

[PLUG] rsync

I would like to use rsync to back up some of my data.  I'm confused as to how certain things work.  For example, I successfully backed up a directory from one host to another using rsync over ssh, and the rsync daemon was not running.  What is the point of the rsync daemon?  Can I run a backup using the daemon over ssh?  Is there a point?  I am not seeing the purpose of the daemon, but all of the HOWTO's seem to mention it.

Thanks!

Marc

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info