Will Dyson on 28 Nov 2006 19:50:11 -0000

Re: [PLUG] wifi

On 11/27/06, Michael Lazin <microlaser@gmail.com> wrote:
I like the wrt54g as well, plus there is a plethora of third party firmware
available for the wrt54g.

Keep in mind that there are a whole bunch of hardware revisions of the "WRT54G". The more recent ones (v6 and up, I think) are very different from previous versions and are not supported by any 3rd party firmware.

If you want a hackable router, the OpenWRT project maintains a list of
supported hardware. http://wiki.openwrt.org/OpenWrtDocs/Hardware

My current favorite router is the Buffalo WHR-G54S. It is hackable and
absurdly cheap. $40 in many stores.

--
Will Dyson
http://www.lucidts.com/