Darren Nickerson on 29 Nov 2006 17:54:55 -0000

[PLUG] [OT] Job Opportunity - HylaFAX/Asterisk Support Engineer

Folks,

We're looking to add another support engineer to our bench, and naturally I thought the PLUG community might be a good place to begin the search. If nothing comes of this posting in a few weeks we'll advertise the position more widely, but for now it's first dibs to PLUG ;-)

iFAX Solutions (www.ifax.com) is looking for a talented Linux/UNIX-savvy engineer to provide technical support to our customers, to assist in the building, configuring, and post-shipment configuration of HylaFAX and Asterisk servers, and to provide first-level technical support to our customers. You would be expected to become expert in the technology we sell, and would be strongly encouraged to participate in the community development process (mailing lists, bug trackers, CVS repositories, forums etc) for both software packages. Suitable candidates will be comfortable troubleshooting basic UNIX problems, working with C++, perl and possibly even PHP, with general awk/sed and shell scripting coming in handy as well. HylaFAX and Asterisk run on many flavors of UNIX, so experience with Linux, Solaris, HP/UX,*BSD, AIX and/or MacOS X wouldn't hurt! Since this is a customer-facing role we will prefer candidates with good verbal and written communications skills, but these skills are not a prerequisite for the job ;-)

iFAX is a small, but growing company that has been in business for over 5 years. Our main website is at www.ifax.com, but you can also see our online marketplaces at shop.ifax.com (HylaFAX focus) and www.telephonydepot.com (Asterisk/VoIP focus). Our office/warehouse is in Manayunk, conveniently situated with access to Septa Region Rail and the delights of Main Street Manayunk. Parking is available at no charge, as well as discounted membership to Sweat Gym. We'd strongly prefer a warm body in the office, but are open to the possibility of telecommuting for the right candidate.

Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience.

Interested? Please send a resume and/or questions to work@ifax.com.

Sincerely,

--
Darren Nickerson